ASHLAND, Va. – The Randolph-Macon women's soccer team improved its record to 3-0 on Wednesday afternoon by defeating Meredith 3-0 at the R-MC Soccer Field. The Yellow Jackets took an early lead before adding two more goals in the second half in a game they largely dominated.
Score: Randolph-Macon 3, Meredith 0
Location/Venue: Ashland, Va. / R-MC Soccer Field
Records: Randolph-Macon 3-0, Meredith 1-2
How it Happened:
- Randolph-Macon got off to a hot start as senior forward Gabby Nelson (Clover, Va. / Halifax County) grabbed a goal just five minutes into the game to give them an early advantage.
- The Yellow Jackets would continue to press as they racked up 10 shots in the first half and didn't allow a single shot for Meredith.
- Following the restart, the Jackets grabbed another early goal, this time off the foot of sophomore Maddie Bauman (Smithfield, Va. / Smithfield) who side-footed a shot past the keeper after freshman Olivia Adams (Mechanicsville, Va. / Hanover) swung in a great ball from the right-hand side.
- Randolph-Macon sealed the deal with their third goal by sophomore Nicole Czyzewski (Midlothian, Va. / Midlothian) following another great ball forward from Adams. This came during a half where the Yellow Jackets recorded 18 shots while getting in behind the high line held by the Avenging Angels.
- Randolph-Macon outshot Meredith 28-5 during this game, led by Czyzewski who recorded six shots with four of those on goal. Nelson and junior forward Meghan Skevington (Richmond, Va. / Deep Run) both recorded four shots with two on goal apiece.
- The Jackets also earned five corner kicks throughout the game to the Avenging Angels one.
- Randolph-Macon will head on the road for its next four games including participation in this weekend's DC Classic Catholic Tournament where they will face Rutgers-Newark on Saturday the 7th at 2:30 PM and the host team Catholic on Sunday the 8th also at 2:30 PM.