ATLANTA, Ga. – Following the thrilling 3-2 win over Wittenberg on Friday, senior Bailey Jones (Suffolk, Va./Norfolk Collegiate) registered 24 kills, including 17 vs. Berry, as the Randolph-Macon women's volleyball team dropped a pair of contests against ranked teams on Saturday in Emory's Tournament.
No. 9 Berry 3, Randolph-Macon 1
- Game 1 was close early before the Vikings built a 9-5 lead. The advantage grew to five at 16-11 before R-MC used a 7-1 spurt to pull within one at 18-17. The Yellow Jackets would go up 20-19 and a kill by senior Alexia Wolfe (Midlothian, Va./James River) gave R-MC a 22-20 edge. BC rallied to take a 24-23 lead. A kill by Jones tied it a 24-24 before the Vikings went up 25-24. Kills by senior Miranda Hall (Mechanicsville, Va./Hanover) and Wolfe followed by an attack error by BC gave R-MC a 27-25 win.
- The Yellow Jackets took a quick 2-1 lead before a 9-1 run gave the Vikings a 10-3 lead. R-MC would fight back and get within two at 17-15 and at 21-19. BC would score the final four points to take a 25-19 decision.
- R-MC tallied the first point in Game 3 before the Vikings scored five straight to go up 5-1. The Yellow Jackets got within one at 6-5 before BC pushed the advantage to 12-7. The Vikings led 17-12 before scoring eight of the final 10 points to post a 25-14 victory.
- The Yellow Jackets fell behind 3-1 in the fourth game before three kills by Jones sparked a 6-0 run as R-MC took a 7-3 lead. BC would eventually tie the game at 9-9 and eventually take a 16-15 edge and win 21-15.
- Jones had 17 kills and 51 total attacks for a hit percentage of .255. Freshman Grace Parker (Andover, N.J./Pope John XXIII) had nine kills. Senior Angela Tender (Manassas, Va./Stone Bridge) had 14 assists and sophomore Macguire Gubba (Grove City, Pa./Grove City Area) contributed 13. Sophomore Madison Warlick (Charlottesville, Va./Albemarle) had 20 digs, while Parker added 16 and Tender tallied 13.
Birmingham-Southern 3, Randolph-Macon 0
- The Panthers jumped out 3-0 and 5-1 to take early control in Game 1. The Yellow Jackets would rebound and tie the game at 7-7. BSC would score three straight and keep the lead in recording a 25-18 win.
- BSC had a 7-3 lead in the second game and would not trail. R-MC closed the deficit to two at 13-11 before the Panthers pulled away for a 25-19 victory.
- The Yellow Jackets had the first two points in Game 3 before BSC took an 8-6 lead. R-MC would tie the game at 9-9 before the Panthers tallied three straight points to go up 12-9. The Yellow Jackets closed to within one at 15-14 before BSC scored 10 of the final 15 points to win 25-19.
- Hall had 10 kills, no attack errors and 15 total attacks for a hit percentage of .667. Jones and Parker both registered seven kills. Tender had 19 assists, while Gubba garnered 11. Warlick had 10 digs.
Wolfe Named To All-Tournament Team
- Wolfe was selected to the Emory National Invitational team. She had 20 kills and four blocks throughout the tournament in Atlanta.
- Randolph-Macon will be the No. 1 seed in the upcoming ODAC Tournament. The Yellow Jackets will host No. 8 Randolph on Wednesday, Nov. 6 at 7 p.m. in Crenshaw Gym. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children ages 5-18. Kids under 5 and students with valid ID will be admitted free.