Posted: Mar 18, 2023
FARMVILLE, Va. – The Randolph-Macon men's lacrosse team took the road to Hampden-Sydney for an ODAC matchup against the Tigers on Saturday afternoon. The Tigers used a fast start to defeat RMC 17-9.
Score: Hampden-Sydney 17, Randolph-Macon 9
Venue: Farmville, Va./Hampden-Sydney College/Hellmuth-Gibson Field
Records: Randolph-Macon (4-4, 0-1 ODAC), Hampden-Sydney (5-2, 1-0 ODAC)
How It Happened
- The Tigers opened a quick 6-0 lead over RMC until Jamie Smith (Roanoke, Va./Patrick Henry) got the Yellow Jackets on the board as RMC scored two of the final three goals of the first quarter.
- Similar to the first quarter, H-SC started fast, scoring four of the first five goals in the second but Cameron Foti (Annandale, Va./Annandale) and Cooper Hauser (Charlottesville, Va./Monticello) notched the final two goals of the half as RMC cut the lead heading into the halftime break.
- A Kevin Andrews (Fallston, Md./St. Paul's School) goal was sandwiched by four H-SC goals in the third quarter, as the Tigers wouldn't let RMC get back into it.
- RMC outscored the Tigers in the fourth quarter 3-2, including Cameron Foti scoring his second of the game. Connor Cadigan (Phoenix, Md./Boys Latin School) notched the first goal of the quarter, followed by Foti. Duncan O'Brien (Virginia Beach, Va./Frank W. Cox) joined in the scoring, adding a goal as well.
By The Numbers:
- Kevin Andrews had a solid day, scoring a goal and dishing two assists to lead RMC with three points on the day. He also picked up a ground ball.
- Cameron Foti was the lone Yellow Jacket to score twice, while also picking up three ground balls and causing a turnover.
- Owen Gucwa (Raleigh, N.C./Cardinal Gibbons) saved 16 shots on the day.
- Eight different RMC players scored a goal in the game.
Randolph-Macon will travel to Shenandoah on Wednesday for another ODAC contest beginning at 7:00 p.m.