Posted: Mar 25, 2023
LYNCHBURG, Va. – The Randolph-Macon men's lacrosse team had their second straight road contest on Saturday, visiting Randolph College for an ODAC matchup. The Yellow Jackets poured in 28 goals to dominate a 28-2 victory.
Score: Randolph-Macon 28, Randolph 2
Venue: Lynchburg, Va./Randolph College/WildCat Stadium
Records: Randolph-Macon (5-4, 1-1 ODAC), Shenandoah (3-5, 0-1 ODAC)
How It Happened
- Kevin Andrews (Fallston, Md./St. Paul's School) opened the scoring a minute and a half into the first quarter and added another three minutes later, which led to two more goals by RMC before the WildCats got on the board. RMC added four more goals before the frame ended, including Bubba Bowen (Arnold, Md./Broadneck) scoring his second of the quarter.
- Kevin Andrews netted his hat trick goal to open the second quarter which fueled the Yellow Jackets to a 10-goal frame, while shutting out the WildCats. Both Jack Smith (Stevensville, Md./DeMatha) and Connor Cadigan (Phoenix, Md./Boys Latin School) each scored two goals in the second stanza with eight different Yellow Jackets netting a goal.
- Randolph began the second half with their second goal of the game but was followed by Connor Cadigan's hat trick goal to begin a 4-0 RMC run in the remainder of the third quarter. RMC led 22-2 after 45 minutes of play.
- RMC scored all six of the fourth quarter goals in the game. Connor Cadigan scored his fourth of the game. Matthew Sutty (Hockessin, Del./Salesianum) and Cannon Varneau (Winchester, Va./Sherando) each scored their first two goals of the season to end the game.
By The Numbers:
- RMC had 16 different players score a goal in the game, including eight players scoring multiple goals.
- Connor Cadigan added four goals in the game to lead all scorers.
- Jack Smith had a stellar game, scoring three goals and also picking up three assists for six points on the day.
- Kevin Andrews was the third and final Yellow Jacket with a hat trick in the game. He scored all three of his goals in the first half.
- JD Spotts (Richmond, Va./Collegiate) went 18-22 on faceoffs and grabbed 10 ground balls.
Randolph-Macon will return home for a home matchup against Guilford at 4:30 p.m. on April 1 on Day Field.