Posted: Sep 04, 2022
ASHLAND, Va. – The Randolph-Macon Men's Soccer team had a tough task Sunday for their second match in as many days. R-MC and Eastern Connecticut State walk away with a tie after scoring a goal apiece.
Score: Randolph-Macon 1, Eastern Connecticut State 1
Location/Venue: Ashland, Virginia/Randolph-Macon College/Nunnally Field
Records: Randolph-Macon (1-0-1, 0-0-0 ODAC), Eastern Connecticut State (0-0-2, 0-0-0 LEC)
How it Happened
- The Warriors opened the scoring just over a minute into the game as Jared Caroline settled a cross on a corner kick and buried it into the back of the net.
- The Yellow Jackets had possession for much of the opening half and were awarded a penalty kick in which Senior Midfielder Bogue Cummings took advantage of and knotted up the score at one.
- A physical second half created a defensive battle, forcing a scoreless 45 minutes. R-MC had two corners in the final minute but couldn't cash in.
Inside the Numbers
- Bogue Cummings led the way with his first goal of the season and the team's second penalty kick attempt in as many games.
- Sophomore Goalkeeper Adam Braithwaite stopped all three shots he faced after the opening goal, proving to be key in the efforts.
- The Yellow Jackets put a lot of pressure on the defense outshooting the Warriors 22 to 9.
R-MC will travel to Mary Baldwin on Wednesday, Sept. 7 before coming right back to Nunnally Field for a contest against Wisconsin Lutheran Friday, Sept. 9 at 4:00 PM.