Posted: Sep 07, 2022
ASHLAND, Va. – The Randolph-Macon Men's Soccer team took the road to Staunton, Virginia for a midweek contest to get back into the win column. The Yellow Jackets dominated their way to a win over the Fighting Squirrels.
Score: Randolph-Macon 4, Mary Baldwin 0
Location/Venue: Staunton, Virginia/Mary Baldwin University
Records: Randolph-Macon (2-0-1, 0-0 ODAC), Mary Baldwin (1-1, 0-0 USA South)
How it Happened
- R-MC was aggressive from the first whistle as just 2:21 into the match, Sophomore Forward Teddy Westervelt notched his first goal of the season to open the scoring.
- The Yellow Jackets kept the pedal down, scoring two more goals in the first half, one from Freshman Midfielder Grayson Woods and another just 13 minutes later from Freshman Forward Zachary Richards.
- Sophomore Forward Landon Borum wrapped up the scoring with a goal in the 85th minute to cap off an impressive performance from R-MC.
Inside the Numbers
- R-MC outshot Mary Baldwin 23-2 in the match.
- All four goal scorers for R-MC tallied their first goals of the season, bringing the unique scorers total to nine.
- Adding to his first half goal, Grayson Woods also had an assist.
Randolph-Macon will be back to Nunnally Field on Friday night for a 4:00 PM contest against Wisconsin-Lutheran.