Posted: Sep 17, 2022
ASHLAND, Va. – The Randolph-Macon Men's Soccer team hit the road to Norfolk for their last non-conference matchup of the season against Regent. The Yellow Jackets took the victory behind a pair of goals.
Score: Randolph-Macon 2, Regent 0
Location/Venue: Norfolk, Va./Norfolk Christian School
Records: Randolph-Macon (4-1-1, 0-0 ODAC), Regent (1-5, 0-0 NCCAA)
How it Happened
- Freshman defenseman Charis Tchatat (Silver Spring, Md./Albert Einstein) opened the scoring for R-MC on a dish from senior midfielder Colton Howell (Glen Allen, Va./Glen Allen), which proved to be the halftime lead after 45 minutes.
- R-MC was awarded two corner kicks early in the second half but didn't capitalize on either one to keep the lead at one.
- Senior midfielder Alec Mowry took a pass from junior defenseman Ryan Kuberek to cash in on the second goal of the evening for the Yellow Jackets.
- The Royals goalkeeper kept the deficit close with three big second half saves.
Inside the Numbers
- The Yellow Jackets outshot the Royals 17-0, and 8-0 on goal. R-MC was led by senior forward Austin Fattizzi (Virginia Beach, Va./Norfolk Collegiate) with three shots on goal.
- Tchatat added his first career goal with his tally in the first half.
- Mowry along with junior midfielder Christian Gordinier added a big boost to the midfield and played well with a solid back line.
Randolph-Macon will be back in action on Wednesday, Sept. 21 at 4 p.m. for an ODAC contest with Hampden-Sydney at Nunnally Field.