Posted: Oct 05, 2022
ASHLAND, Va. – The Randolph-Macon men's soccer team hosted ODAC foe Eastern Mennonite for a midweek standalone game. The Yellow Jackets couldn't find the back of the net, but tie Royals to earn a point in the standings.
Score: Randolph-Macon 0, Eastern Mennonite 0
Location/Venue: Ashland, Va./Randolph-Macon College/Nunnally Field
Records: Randolph-Macon (5-3-3, 1-2-2 ODAC), Eastern Mennonite (1-6-4, 0-2-3)
How it Happened
- ·The goalkeepers on both sides weren't busy for the majority of first half, until the Yellow Jackets had a flurry of chances to end the first half, forcing five shots on net before the intermission.
- It was more of the same in the second half, R-MC had chances, but couldn't cash in.
- The Royals found their way into three second half corner kicks, but the Yellow Jackets defense held strong in the final minutes.
Inside the Numbers
- The Yellow Jackets outshot the Royals 16-9, including having the only eight shots on goal in the game.
- Zach Richards (Virginia Beach, Va./Landstown) and Alec Mowry (Salem, Va./Salem) provided the offensive spark with two shots on goal each.
- Elijah Lloyd (Roanoke, Va./North Cross) led the wall of defense that kept the Royals off the board.
Randolph-Macon will be back in action on Saturday, Oct. 8 at 5:00 p.m. at Roanoke College for another ODAC matchup.