Posted: Oct 22, 2022
ASHLAND, Va. – The Randolph-Macon men's soccer team hosted 11th ranked Washington and Lee for the final home regular season game of the year. The Generals pushed past the Yellow Jackets with two goals in the second half.
Score: Washington and Lee 3, Randolph-Macon 1
Location/Venue: Ashland, Va./Randolph-Macon College/Nunnally Field
Records: Washington and Lee (11-1-4, 7-0-2), Randolph-Macon (7-5-3, 3-4-2 ODAC)
How it Happened
- The first half was tightly contested. The Generals struck first in the 22nd minute, but the Yellow Jackets came back 14 minutes later with a goal of their own off the foot of Zach DeShazo (Henrico, Va./Mills E. Godwin) after a beautiful setup by Kwadjo Tannor (Midlothian, Va./Midlothian).
- The game was knotted up at halftime and the Generals added two more goals in the second half.
- Randolph-Macon had some chances late on set pieces but couldn't cash in on them to get back into the game.
Inside the Numbers
- Goalkeeper Zach Fontenot (Palmyra, Va./Fluvanna County) stopped seven shots to keep his team within striking distance.
- DeShazo's goal in the first half adds onto his assist in a 4-0 win over Mary Baldwin earlier this season.
- Tannor's dish to DeShazo was his second of the year, setting him up after dazzling with his footwork to set up the pass.
Randolph-Macon will be back in action on Wednesday as they hit the road for the final regular season game in a matchup with Shenandoah at 7:00 p.m.