Posted: Sep 08, 2022
ASHLAND, Va. – The Randolph-Macon women's soccer team earned a 0-0 tie with No. 19 McDaniel Thursday night at Nunnally Field. Neither team was able to crack the opposing defense, as shots were 18-8 in favor of the Green Terror.
Score: Randolph-Macon 0, McDaniel 0
Location/Venue: Ashland, Va./Nunnally Field
Records: R-MC 3-0-1, McDaniel 0-1-2
How it Happened:
- Neither team was able to find the back of the net after the full 90 minutes, but both teams had opportunities before both keepers continued to answer the call.
- McDaniel outshot Randolph-Macon 18-8, but the Yellow Jackets found multiple opportunities in the second half in an attempt to steal three points.
By The Numbers:
- Abby Cook (Glen Allen, Va./Glen Allen) had a strong showing in the net, finishing the match with nine saves.
- Ariel Farmer (Chesterfield, Va./Clover Hill) led the Yellow Jackets in shots, recording three.
- Randolph-Macon will hit the road for its next four fixtures, the first coming against a strong Johns Hopkins side Wednesday, September 14. The action is set for a 7:00 p.m. start in Baltimore, Maryland.